12. Try fencing

I had always been interesting in fencing (albeit mostly every 4 years, during the Olympics), and somehow I had never really thought of trying it myself...

Well now I did! And... it was okay.

I liked the emphasis on footwork, and learning different techniques (although I only took a one hour class, I still learned a few of them), but overall it wasn't that fun. Plus I felt SO HOT wearing the equipment, and the gym is so far from home, that I don't think I'll try again.

One interesting thing though is that the intensity of the spars reminded me a lot of fighting games! Similar duel-type battle, same mind games at play, the importance of managing the distance, that made it fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

19. Read seven books I (probably) wouldn't usually have read

31. Get better at volleyball (May 2019 Update)

34. In Japan: attend a sumo competition, go to Kôzu, stay at a capsule hotel