19. Read seven books I (probably) wouldn't usually have read


This book definitely fits my goal because I would never have read it if Lauren hadn't suggested it to me. And although I was angry 90% of the time as I was reading it (you'll probably understand why if you've read it yourself), I'm glad she did. Tara Westover's life story (since this is basically a biography) is very much rage-inducing, but also unusual and fascinating. It's been a while now since I finished it, but I feel like some images and landscapes will definitely stay with me for a long time. They seem to play a central role in her story, and although I've hated many characters of the book, I always enjoyed going back to that setting to learn how the author was going to become who she is now.

Book 2/7 "Death by Meeting", by Patrick Lencioni

This is a book that I most likely wouldn't have even known existed if a colleague hadn't talked to me about it. It reads as a fiction book, describing a short period in the life of a video game company, its struggles with a merger with another company, and how a temporary executive assistant helped them improve the way they structure and hold their meetings. It was super easy to read, and I found it very insightful. It also rang true a lot, and maybe gave me some ideas about how to improve processes at work, so it was definitely a great reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31. Get better at volleyball (May 2019 Update)

34. In Japan: attend a sumo competition, go to Kôzu, stay at a capsule hotel